Details of Organisation:
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the house is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work.
We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property, we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of Volunteering Opportunity:
Help run our Family Gardening Club sessions on Fridays in the school holidays. Show families how to plant, maintain, and harvest the garden, as well as some fun craft activities. Don’t worry if you don’t have gardening experience, as training will be provided. All you need is a love of nature that you want to share with families.
- Greeting families as they arrive and directing towards the activities
- Leading various gardening tasks in an area of the garden
- Set up the equipment for the session and tidy it away
- Sell raffle tickets to help raise money for the raffle project at Osterley
The sessions are 5.5 hours long on Fridays in the school holidays. You would also be able to come in to do some maintenance in term time.
- Customer service
- Working with children and families
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training for the role
- Paid travel expenses
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the annual Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!