Details of the Charity:
The Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) believe in a better life for blind children. No child in the UK should grow up to be poor or lonely just because they are blind. The RSBC are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil their potential.
The RSBC work with wonderful donors and volunteers to deliver the five things they believe will transform the life chances of every blind child in England and Wales:
- Helping parents first
- Bet in class, inclusive education
- Building friendships, independence and resilience
- Getting young people job ready
- Harnessing technology
By 2020, the RSBC want to have reached 11,000 children and young people – and with 178 years of experience and the support of donors, they know they will get there.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Royal Society for Blind Children have 18 cyclists riding in the epic Ride-London 100. They’ve raised thousands of pounds for blind children – help us show our appreciation at our cheerpoint at The Mall or at Wimbledon!
Date: Sunday 29th July 2018
- Morning shift – 9am-1pm
- Afternoon shift – 1pm-5pm (volunteers are welcome to stay all day if they wish)
- For the Mall cheerpoint meet at Green Park Station
- For the Wimbledon cheerpoint meet at Wimbledon Station
(Please specify which cheerpoint you wish to volunteer at when you apply)
- No previous experience required
- Just be enthusiastic!
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- T-shirts, balloons, whistles, drinks and snacks will be provided!
- RSBC staff will show you the ropes.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!