Details of Organisation:
Watermans is West London’s leading arts centre and one of Arts Council England’s national portfolio organisations. It attracts over 230,000 visits a year to its thriving and inclusive programme of independent cinema, family and Asian theatre, regular weekend festivals, exhibitions and courses.
It also leads several other major projects outside its venue. These are primarily concerned with broadening access to high quality arts in communities that engage little, if at all, in the arts, to support community cohesion and economic regeneration.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
This opportunity is to volunteer with Watermans summer festival of outdoor arts in Hayes, ‘Hayes Outdoor’.
The will be taking place at High Point village, Station Road, Hayes, UB3 4FE.
Volunteer stewards will be required to attend a minimum of three days out of the six event days of the festival (20 June / 4, 18 July / 1, 15, 29 Aug), working 4-8 hours, between 11.30am-7.30pm.
Stewards will be required to:
- Give a friendly welcome to audiences
- Engage with them to explain what the events are
- Hand out marketing material on site and outside the station/in Hayes town centre
- Hand out feedback cards
- Provide a warm and friendly atmosphere for audiences.
If you are interested to do so, we are also looking for Social Media Ambassadors who would like to write blogs about the events, make short videos etc and this could be accommodated alongside stewarding.
- Team player
- Interest in the programme
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Stewards will attend an event briefing each day that will inform you about the events and expectations.
- Informal on the job training for those interested in being Social Media Ambassadors
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R, which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to attend the annual Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!