Details of Charity:
Fulham Good Neighbours support mainly older people, including those with dementia, with practical tasks at home such as basic DIY, gardening, and decorating. We do what any good neighbour would: collect medication, escort to appointments, accompany shopping and take care of pets to name a few of our free services.
We also run a dedicated befriending scheme, a Digital Inclusion project and a range of social clubs to help beat isolation and loneliness.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
You will assist people visiting the fair and help make sure that it is a safe and welcoming event for all attendees.
- Directing people
- Dealing with lost children
- Dealing with lost property
- Collecting rubbish
- Asking people to leave The Green if due to an emergency the fair needs to be closed down unexpectedly.
You can choose between the following shifts on Saturday 7th July 2018:
Parsons Green Park, Fulham, SW6
What training will be necessary and available:
- An induction will take place on Monday 2nd July at 6PM, this will last less than an hour and you are expected to take part in it.
- There will be another session, for those who are at work at that time or don’t live locally, on Saturday 7th July at 10AM.
- A friendly and cheerful manner
- Good listening skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Health & Safety Awareness
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses will be provided, and we will reimburse your lunch costs up to £5
- Participate in a fun and engaging day event
- All hours will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony at the end of the year.
Interested? Apply now!