Details of Charity:
St John’s Hospice, an independent charity located within the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth in St John’s Wood, provides specialised palliative care to more than 4,000 terminally-ill patients and their families every year.
St John’s Hospice aspires to a time when every individual can approach death informed, supported and free of pain; a time when the needs of the individual, and of those close to them, are met with personalised care at the end of life.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our annual Paddington Fayre takes place over two days and is one of our most successful events of the year, attracting tens of thousands of local residents as well as families across London.
After the success at our last fayre, we will have big fun fayre rides inside the park and many other themed activities. The fayre will host an array of stalls, children’s rides and live music. Visitors will also enjoy a BBQ and children’s entertainment.
This is an excellent opportunity for volunteers to give back to their local community and network with likeminded people, whilst supporting a local charity.
Paddington Recreation Ground
This is a one-off commitment. We require volunteers to do one full shift or you can choose to support all day.
- Saturday 7th July: 8am – 10am, 10am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm
- Sunday 8th July: 10am – 2pm or 2pm – 7pm
Event Volunteers’ duties include:
- Selling attraction tickets, raffle tickets and merchandise
- Supervising rides
- Helping to set up and close down and much more.
- Basic Numeracy
- Able to follow instruction
- Good customer service
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- If you are volunteering longer than 4 hours, volunteers will receive a voucher off for a BBQ lunch
- Hours will be recorded on your Higher Education Achievement Record (H.E.A.R) which goes on your permanent university report.
- Hours will contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!