Details of the Charity:
Hillingdon Park Baptist Church is where a large group of local Christians meet for worship every week, recognising that we all have a purpose in life and that our God wants the best for everybody and that God wants us all to experience his love for us.
We provide services to the community through our children and Youth programme, through our dining centre (part of Dovetail Community Outreach) and through bereavement counselling.
Rooms are hired to external organisations which in turn help the community; whether students, children with disabilities or adults with conditions such as Arthritis (amongst others).
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To assist the chef in serving meals and drinks to the dining centre customers.
Monday – Friday (dependent on dining centre requirement and your availability).
Core hours required 12.00-1.30pm.
Flexibility between 10am-12pm and 1.30pm-2.00pm
Working as part of a team, the team’s tasks include:
– Wiping down tables and the kitchen area
– Setting tables
– Topping up condiments
– Food preparation (Peeling, chopping etc.)
– Serving drinks, meals or dishing up in the kitchen
– Talking to the diners, many of which enjoy the socialisation
– Clearing tables, washing up and putting away
– Tidying and clearing up
- Comfortable clothing
- Sensible shoes (closed shoes, no flip flops/sandals)
- Friendly, flexible and polite
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- An apron will be provided
- A free meal is provided to volunteers at approximately 1.30pm after the serving and clearing up is finished.
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below: