Details of the Charity:
Hillingdon Carers is an independent charity that delivers a wide range of local support services to meet the needs of unpaid carers in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Our services include:
- Information, advice and support for carers of all ages (includes drop in Advice Centre for Carers in Uxbridge, websites, written information, provision of Support Workers, benefit checks, advocacy, home visiting service, availability at venues across the borough etc. etc.)
- Health and Wellbeing Services for adult carers (includes GP outreach service, advocacy with health services, development work with health services, drop in cafes for carers, relaxation sessions, arts courses, training for carers, step up support to access other leisure services etc. etc.)
- Young Carers Services (includes one to one support, specialist support for children and young people affected by substance misuse of an adult, Saturday Clubs for fun activities with other young carers and learning opportunities, school holiday activities, residential breaks, advocacy with education and training providers.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To design an app for Hillingdon Carers Partnership:
- To include information from our website such as About, Benefits, Health & Wellbeing, Young Carers, wanting an appointment etc.
- To enable it to be user friendly on all mobiles
- For general public to be able to use as well as registered carers
- Needs a registration login and password
This is a one-off opportunity to help a local charity.
Hours are to suit availability.
No time limit, but must be before the end of the student year 2018.
- Knowledge of designing apps for mobiles
- Must be able to train some staff to use the app
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed if you come to the office in Uxbridge
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply here: