Details of the Charity:
Breast Cancer Care are the only UK wide charity providing care, information and support to people affected by breast cancer. We want every person affected by breast cancer to get the best treatment, information and support.
We combine the personal experiences of people affected by breast cancer with clinical expertise, using this in a unique way to:
- Provide information on living with and beyond breast cancer
- Offer emotional and practical support through our services and Helpline
- Bring people affected by breast cancer together through our services and forum
- Campaign for improvement in standards of support and care
- Promote the importance of early detection
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Running a marathon for Breast Cancer Care is an incredible effort and we will have cheer points set up on the London Marathon course on Sunday 22nd April, to show support and appreciation for our amazing runners.
We need volunteers to man these cheer points and it would be great to have as many of you as possible. We will provide a t-shirt, banger sticks, whistles, snacks and huge amounts of joy and cheer.
Cheer point 1:
- Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Location: Mile 9 (Canada Water/Surrey Quays)
Cheer point 2:
- Time: 11am – 2.30pm
- Location: Mile 18.5 (Canary Wharf)
Cheer point 3:
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- Location: Mile 24.5 (Temple/Embankment)
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free t-shirt and props
- Free snacks
- Volunteering activity will be recorded on your H.E.A.R transcript – which goes on your permanent university record
- All volunteering hours will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!