Details of the Charity:
The Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) believe in a better life for blind children. No child in the UK should grow up to be poor or lonely just because they are blind. The RSBC are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil their potential.
The RSBC work with wonderful donors and volunteers to deliver the five things they believe will transform the life chances of every blind child in England and Wales:
- Helping parents first
- Bet in class, inclusive education
- Building friendships, independence and resilience
- Getting young people job ready
- Harnessing technology
By 2020, the RSBC want to have reached 11,000 children and young people – and with 178 years of experience and the support of donors, they know they will get there.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
#TeamRSBC has a team of runners taking part in the iconic London Marathon 2018 on Sunday 22nd April. This event is known for its carnival-like atmosphere; parties, music and street food.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to be involved in the world’s largest fundraising event.
We need energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to come and provide our runners with an amazing race day experience at either our Canary Wharf or Monument cheer-points by:
- Cheering runners
- Distributing refreshments
- Taking photos
- You must be available from 9am – 4.30pm (we welcome volunteers for both the full day shift or couple of hours)
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Becoming a part of the #TeamRSBC network of supporters
- An invitation to the RSBC Annual Volunteer Party
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply Now!