Details of the Charity:
Healthwatch Hillingdon is an independent organisation that represents the views of everyone who uses health and social care services in the London borough of Hillingdon.
We make sure that these views are gathered, analysed and acted upon, making services better now, and in the future. We give local people the platform to improve the delivery of their health and social care services.
We monitor local services to ensure they reflect the needs of the community, and where necessary, use statutory powers to hold those services to account. We are completely separate from the NHS and the local authority, from commissioners and providers of services. Healthwatch is part of the Healthwatch network in England, one of 152 community-focused organisations nationally led by Healthwatch England.
Our vision is to become the influential voice of the public.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our website helps us to promote our role to members of the public and other stakeholders. Hence it is vital that the website content is fresh and up to date and enables our stakeholders to easily access information.
We are seeking to recruit a creative individual to develop and manage content for our website. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and skilled volunteer with a strong aptitude for IT, a good working knowledge of WordPress and excellent written communication skills.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Writing, editing and update website content
- Publishing relevant news stories, reports, updates & events
- Amending or creating new pages for particular projects
- Researching web usage and contributing to analytics reports
- Proof reading content and grammar and making changes where necessary
We require a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week.
The role will be based at our shop front offices in Uxbridge. However, this role is flexible and volunteers can choose to work off-site.
- IT literate, working knowledge of WordPress
- Have an interest in online communications (social media, website)
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading for an online audience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good editing skills and a basic understanding of web language
- Enthusiastic about improving health and social care services in Hillingdon
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- No specific qualifications needed, however the ability to demonstrate the experience and skills needed for this role is essential
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- The opportunity to shape and influence how health and social care services are delivered in the future in the Hillingdon area
- Support as required to carry out this role
- Meeting and working with new people
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Gain new skills and enhance CV
- You will receive an induction and be offered training for you to carry out your volunteering role
- The role will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours will contribute to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!