Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity, set up in 1986, to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for a creative film maker to make compelling video content to support our writing project for disadvantaged young women. Young women have been experimenting with poetry, stories and life writing and their book of short stories will be published at the House of Commons in Spring. We need a film maker to film the events at various locations.
Your films will be used on our social media sites to raise awareness of the issues facing young women and the power of creative writing to give voice to socially excluded groups.
The role will include developing and agreeing storyboards, filming, and editing film in final videos suitable for distribution on social media platforms.
Hours: Flexible, working with the fundraising consultant
Based at: The role will include travel for filming, so it is best suited for someone who lives in Greater London
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Filming and video editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- The role is suitable for someone with a passion for film making and social causes. It is a great opportunity to develop your portfolio. We are working with award-winning writers on this project so lots of opportunity to promote your work.
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!
Please send your CV and examples of your work to Jacqueline Crooks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs Manminder Kaur (Manminder.Kaur@thehyc.org)
Successful applicants will be invited for an informal interview.
The deadline for applications is 20th March.