Want to make a real change that only takes a few hours of your time?
The Race for Life team at Cancer Research UK can offer you that chance. We are aiming to raise over £48, a target made only possible by amazing individuals supporting participants on the day.
Put your hands to constructing the sit by building marquees, support participants by manning obstacles and marshalling the course, or start the celebrations at the finish line by handing out medals.
A few moments of your time really makes a difference to participants on the day to help beat cancer sooner together.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Hillingdon Race for Life 5k will be on Sunday 17th June at Hillingdon House Farm.
There are many roles you can volunteer for including:
- Enquiries and Administration Volunteer: setting up the administration marquee and help assist participants and spectators with any queries
- Event Day Volunteer: support the event logistics, such as start/finish activities, to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Course Marshal Volunteer: inspire, cheer and motivate participants at marshalling points across the course
- A smile!
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- It is an amazing experience – volunteering at a Race for Life event has an atmosphere like no other
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work Cancer Research UK is doing right now
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities on its premier national event series
- Meeting new and like-minded people in your local area and creating a positive impact in your community
- Learning new skills and gaining new experiences to support you in your personal and career development
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments
- All hours will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!