Details of the Organisation:
Disability Sports Coach provides sporting opportunities for disabled people across London through 3 main streams of work. We provide coaching services for anyone wanting specialist coaches to deliver a range of sport. Organisations can include schools, colleges and community groups. We deliver training opportunities for teachers, coaches, and support workers to learn how to adapt sports for disabled people. Lastly, we deliver a Community Club project which is a series of 11 multi-sports clubs for disabled people across London, including Hillingdon. The clubs are public and open to pan disabilities.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for a volunteer to help assist the lead coach at a multi-sport session for disabled people in Hillingdon.
Main roles include:
- Help with the activities planned by the coach
- The main sports you will provide assistance with include (but not limited to); Football, Tennis, Cricket, Boccia, Polybat, Basketball, Athletics etc.
- Work with small groups, or one to one when needed
- Help participants with the use of specialised equipment e.g. Boccia Ramp
- Help set up and pack down activities and sessions
- Support any administration roles such as registration
- Saturdays 11am – 1pm
- Botwell Leisure Centre, UB3 2HW
- An ideal volunteer would have an interest sport, being active and working with all disabled people.
- No relevant experience or qualifications are needed
*DBS needed – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Experience coaching sessions and get access to coaching resources
- Be provided with training opportunities such as our Adapted Sports Course
- Attend social events with DSC e.g. coffee meet ups
- Get a free Nike T-shirt
- Volunteering at Community Clubs and events including the DSC Summer Festival
- Working under specialised, experience coaches
- All hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!