Details of the Organisation:
The Woodoaks Association is a non-profit organisation based on Woodoaks Farm in Maple Cross. We specialise in drama, sport, arts and outdoor activities for all ages. Our non-profit status is our defining factor, and we were created with the overarching goal of putting everything back into our community.
The Woodoaks Summer Festival is an annual milestone that we at Woodoaks take such pride in. With each passing year, we are astounded at the level of support from the community, and the continued growth of the day encourages us to improve and expand in every aspect.
Not only are we able to showcase our services in the arts, drama and sport, but the day allows other members of the community to connect with one another, sharing their stories and messages in a friendly and festive setting.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The day of the festival will be on Saturday 7th July 2018 and you will be on a set rota from 9am – 6:30pm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting entry fee from the community
- Car park ushering
- Ensuring the venue is clean throughout the day (emptying bins, picking up any rubbish)
- Allocating stall holders their pitch and ensuring they are happy throughout the day.
- No previous experience required
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training
- Free drinks throughout the event
- All hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Dinner
Interested? Apply now!