Details of the Event:
Are you ready to be part of one of Brunel Volunteers’ biggest events? Meet new people, gain new skills and do Brunel proud?
The biggest community event to hit Uxbridge is back on Tuesday 6th February, from 10am – 4pm, in the Pavilions Shopping Centre.
Good Deeds Day is in partnership with Uxbridge College, Uxbridge Forward, Intu Uxbridge and the Pavilions, and Brunel Volunteers will once again be joining with Uxbridge College to deliver good deeds around Uxbridge town centre and the surrounding area.
Good Deeds Day is in its 5th year running and we are looking to recruit 100 volunteers to help out with a wide variety of activities. We have a range of events planned from performances, to sports demos, and you will even have the chance to meet the Mayor on the day!
The aim of Good Deeds Day is:
- Volunteering without the time restraints – you can do as much or as little volunteering on the day as you wish
- To help raise awareness of the positive contribution students make in the local community
- Bringing together communities in the Uxbridge area
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
You will be assigned tasks based on your availability and all tasks are subject to change but they include:
- Face painting, cake decorating and reading to children
- Bag packing in local supermarkets and litter picking
- Playing board games & fun activities with members of the public
- Arts & crafts
- Serving free tea, coffee and cakes
- Helping Uxbridge College with their good deeds, such as nail painting and henna
- Cleaning mobility scooters
- Helping residents with their IT skills in Uxbridge Library
- Any task that arises on the day!
- 8.00am – 10:30am
- 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 12.30pm – 2.30pm
- 2.30pm – 4.00pm
Please choose your timeslot(s) when applying.
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits all day
- Volunteering hours will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!
- Please email Brunel.Volunteers@brunel.ac.uk to apply.
- Please state your:
- Student name
- Student ID number
- Availability (you can choose to do multiple shifts or the entire day if you wish!)
- If you are a Tier 4 student – we will need to register you and ensure you do not breach your weekly work hour limit
- You must be a able to attend the Good Deeds Day Briefing on Tuesday 30th January, from 5-6pm in LECT65. All final information will be given out on the day so it is important you attend.
*APPLICATIONS CLOSES FRIDAY 26TH JANUARY 2018*