Details of the Charity:
Mencap is a charity supporting people with a learning disability through:
- Supported living accommodation and support
- Leisure activities
- Family support
- Employment support
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Mencap have launched a number of exciting new clubs and groups for adults with learning disability, as part of our Me Time project in Hillingdon.
Each group is run by a Mencap facilitator but we need a volunteer at each session to help the people we support to get the most out of the activities.
- Walking Group – Monday mornings in Uxbridge
- Bowling Group – Monday afternoons in Uxbridge
- Photography Group – Tuesday mornings in Uxbridge
- Art Group – Thursday mornings in Uxbridge
- Pub Social – Thursday afternoons in Uxbridge
- Music Group – Thursday afternoons in Ruislip
- Community Project – Friday afternoons in Hayes
All activities take place in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
When applying please say which group you wish to take part in.
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Make a difference in your community
- Make a difference for adults with learning disability
- Develop your confidence
- Develop your communication skills
- Develop your awareness of learning disability
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!