Details of the Charity:
Walk the Walk is the UK’s largest grant-making breast cancer charity that is dedicated to not only raising money and awareness for vital breast cancer causes, but to also encourage women and men to become more aware of their own portential for fitness and wellbeing.
We organise the famous MoonWalk overnight powerwalking challenges, and are immensely proud to have raised over £121m which has been granted to research into breast cancer and to improve the lives of people living with cancer now.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Saturday Evening Crew:
Join in the party atmosphere at MoonWalk City on Saturday 12th May where things are just getting started… a busy period when our Walkers and Volunteers arrive en masse! Start times vary depending on your role, but no earlier than 5pm and finishing at midnight. Our 24 available roles include Baggage, Tattoos & Balloons and WaterCrew.
Saturday Overnight Crew:
The crucial part of the event where our Walkers are out on the streets and volunteers are involved at the centre of an exciting night. Finish Line and Baggage roles start around 11pm on Saturday 12th May through to 6am. Route Marshals start between 7.30 – 11.30pm and finish within 8 hours or once the last Walker has passed. Early finishes can be requested upon registration.
Sunday Morning Crew:
Support our Walkers towards the end of their journey… the most testing and inspirational part of their challenge! Starting at 6am on Sunday 13th May and finishing around 12pm, once the last Walker crosses the Finish Line.
MoonWalk City, Clapham Common, London, SW4 9DE
Access to Volunteer Gate via Rookery Road
Clapham Common is the closest tube station
- You simple need a positive and hardworking attitude for helping a great cause!
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- You will meet some amazing people, raise millions of pounds for breast cancer and have the most incredible time at one of London’s most iconic events!
- A briefing pack and handbook are provided to all successful applicants
- All roles will develop teamwork and confidence, no matter what you do on the night
- Experienced individuals have the opportunity to become Team Leaders.
- All volunteers receive refreshments and a t-shirt and cap in order to feel part of the amazing experience on the night
- Hours will be added to your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!