Details of the Charity:
6th Hillingdon is a Greater London-based branch of the Scout Association. Scout helps children and young adults reach their full potential. Scouts develop skills including teamwork, time management, leadership, initiative, planning, communication, self-motivation, cultural awareness and commitment. We help young people to get jobs, save lives and even change the world.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for a Section Leader / Assistant Section Leader to join our Beaver Scout (aged 6-8), Cub Scout (aged 8-10.5), or Scout Sections (aged 10.5/14).
You don’t need any experience, or to even have been a part of Scouts before. You will need to undergo training, though dates and times are flexible.
You will work with another Leader and possibly a Young Leader (aged 14-18) to plan and carry out weekly activities.
Beavers – Wednesday evening
Cubs – Tuesday evenings
Scouts – Monday evenings
The Scout Hut
- A team player
- An interest in developing leadership skills
- Works well with children aged 6-8 (Beavers), 8-10.5 (Cubs), or 10.5-14 (Scouts)
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training
- Free DBS (Enhanced) check provided
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which is your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Dinner at the end of the year
Interested? Apply now!