Details of the Charity:
SAMS organise two events each month for members who live in the London Borough of Hillingdon or the surrounding area.
- First Tuesday evening of the month, which is normally a restaurant/pub where participants can enjoy a meal and company of others
- The third Wednesday of the month, which is an outing to anywhere within a couple of hours travelling time.
We hire accessible transport and most of our income is used to pay for this. SAMS is managed by a committee who are all volunteers. We are currently looking for volunteer drivers as all our events are subject to driver availability and will pay for the training that is needed.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
One of our fundraising activities is charity wrapping which is sponsored by Barclays bank who double whatever we raise.
This year the Charity Christmas Wrapping event will take place on Monday 18th December.
Volunteers would, with others, be wrapping presents that members of the public bring to be wrapped.
This will take place at Intu Uxbridge Shopping Centre, usually near Debenhams or the escalator.
- Able to engage with the public
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses are reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Dinner
Interested? Apply now!