Details of the Charity:
Make A Difference Entertainment is a charity dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion as well as supporting young people to become employable within the creative industries. Through workshops, events and content creation, we have so far engaged over 500 community members.
We are currently running a range of projects from online TV production to short films and documentary making. Next year we will be running a quarterly film festival at the BFI to showcase project participant’s work. This will be an opportunity to act as a bridge between future creative leaders and professionals from the film and TV sectors.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- Assisting with recruiting participants for our film and TV projects
- Creating relevant content/articles for our social media and website
- Working from out office at West London Film Studios, Hayes
- 1 day a week (flexible depending on availability)
- Computer literacy
- Good verbal communication and written skills
- Interest in community and diversity issues
- Ideally with some design or production skills but not essential
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Editing training
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Dinner
Interested? Apply now!