Details of the Charity:
The Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) believe in a better life for blind children. No child in the UK should grow up to be poor or lonely just because they are blind. The RSBC are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil their potential.
The RSBC work with wonderful donors and volunteers to deliver the five things they believe will transform the life chances of every blind child in England and Wales:
- Helping parents first
- Bet in class, inclusive education
- Building friendships, independence and resilience
- Getting young people job ready
- Harnessing technology
By 2020, the RSBC want to have reached 11,000 children and young people – and with 178 years of experience and the support of donors, they know they will get there.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Christmas is a busy time for the RSBC, with a number of collections taking place throughout December.
Here are our 3 main collections:
- Singing carols/collecting around the Christmas Tree in Trafalgar Square (Monday 18th December, 7-8pm)
- Singing carols/collecting at Tottenham Court Road tube station (Tuesday 19th December, 4-7pm)
- Enjoy the world famous Raymond Gubbay’s Carols by Candlelight at the Royal Albert Hall with post-performance collections (Sunday 24th December, Matinee 2-5pm and/or Evening 6-11pm approx.)
- Happy talking to members of the public
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply Now! *please indicate which dates you would like to volunteer*