Details of the Charity:
42% of children under 5 living in the Westminster Ward Churchill, where we are based, live in poverty. We are a 32 year old registered charity working with families with under 11 year olds. Our aim is to develop each child’s potential through play.
We provide 4230 play places each year at 6 x 2 hour play and toy-loan sessions for 0-5 year olds. In the school holidays, activities are appropriate for 0-11 year olds. Qualified toy Librarians are at each session to motivate and support learning.
Families from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and religions are able to socialise and feel a sense of belonging. Children learn and develop social interaction, confidence and a willingness to learn, which prepares them for nursery and school. This early intervention improves their long term life-chances.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our next Annual General Meeting will be on Thursday 30 November from 10AM-1PM.
Crèche Workers will:
- Set up crèche area in Pimlico Toy Library
- Help keep children safe and stimulated while their parent/carer attends the Annual General Meeting
- Good communication
- Fit to be able to move play equipment and sit on floor with children to play with them
*DBS check required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Develop life skills in communication, team-work and event management
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR, which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the end of year Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!