Details of the Charity:
FareShare is a UK-wide charity fighting hunger and food waste. We redistribute good food that would otherwise go to waste to frontline organisations supporting vulnerable people, such as children’s breakfast clubs, community centres, homeless hostels and refugees.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Help collect donations at the UK’s largest food drive this Christmas.
The UK’s leading food distribution charity, FareShare is looking for volunteers to join our fantastic food drive team to help fight hunger in the UK. 8.4 million people in the UK are struggling to afford to eat – that’s the equivalent to the population of London.
How you can help:
- The Food Collection takes place on Thursday 30 November, Friday 1 and Saturday 2 December at Tesco stores UK-wide
- We need volunteers to help us collect food donations from customers for a few hours in their local store
- Volunteers will be in store handling out the FareShare ‘shopping list’ and collecting donations from customers whilst spreading some Christmas cheer
- In just 3 hours, you could collect enough food for 600 meals!
- No previous skills and experience required!
- Enthusiasm and outgoing nature
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which will lead to an invitation to the end of year Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!