Details of the Charity:
Healthwatch Hillingdon represents the views of everyone who uses health and social care services in the London Borough of Hillingdon. We make sure that these views are gathered, analysed and acted upon, making services better now and in the future.
We exist to make health and social care services work for the people who use them, and we monitor local services to ensure they reflect the needs of the community, and where necessary, use statutory powers to hold those services to account.
Everything we say and do is informed by our connections to local people. Our sole focus is on understanding the needs, experiences and concerns of people of all ages who use services and to speak out on their behalf.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We want to make sure that children and young people get their chance to have a say so, based on feedback from young people, we are creating Young Healthwatch Hillingdon (YHwH).
As a member of the YHwH Panel you will:
- Attend and actively take part in YHwH Panel meetings
- Plan and carry out engagement activity such as surveys, focus groups and events to:
- gather the views and experiences of local young people about health services
- share and promote information about health services with young people
- raise awareness of the role of YHwH
- Use the views of young people to create the annual workplan for YHwH
- Represent the views of local young people about health issues and services
- Share the work the YHwH does with other people by helping to create communication updates such as reports, blog posts and social media updates
- Create an annual report of the work of YHwH
- Act in a way that positively represents YHwH
- You are ages between 11-25 and live, work or study in the London Borough of Hillingdon
- You are happy to volunteer some of your time to be a part of the YHwH Panel
- You are interested in the health issues that are important to young people & want to improve health services for the benefit of all young people in Hillingdon.
- You are a good communicator who can talk to a wide range of people and take an active par in meetings and discussions
- You are a good listener who can listen to and record a wide range of views and represent the views of others
- You are open minded and believe in equality and diversity. This means you accept people’s differences, treat everyone equally and believe that everyone has the right to have their say
*DBS check required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!