Details of the Charity:
Orchid Cancer Appeal is the UK’s leading male cancer charity working on behalf of anyone directly or indirectly affected by male cancer.
Every year over 50,000 men in the UK will be diagnosed with prostate, testicular and penile cancer. Of these men over 47,000 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, over 2,400 will be diagnosed with testicular cancer and over 630 will be diagnosed with the rare penile cancer. Sadly these numbers are increasing.
Established in 1996 by testicular cancer patient, Colin Osbourne MBE and the oncologist who saved his life, Professor Tim Oliver, Orchid exists to save men’s lives from male cancer through a range of support services, education and awareness campaigns and a pioneering research programme.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In the run up to Christmas, we have managed to secure spaces to hold street collections based at tube stations across London from 7AM-7PM.
You do not need to be available for the whole time slot, however we require a minimum of 3 hours commitment.
- Holland Park: Tuesday 28th November
- Canary Wharf: Wednesday 29th November
- South Kensington: Thursday 14th December
- Liverpool Street: Friday 15th December
- Chancery Lane: Tuesday 19th December
- Holborn: Thursday 21st December
- Enthusism and a passion for fundraising
- Friendly and approachable
- Good team player
- Reliable and trustworthy
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!