Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity, set up in 1986, to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Project Manager Volunteer will assist us with managing one of our three specialist youth projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- The organisation and facilitation of events
- Planning and designing events and services
- Monitoring and evaluating project outputs, inputs and outcomes
- Establishing and inputting into project management systems
- Reviewing project budget and monitoring income and expenditure
- Good IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- A high level of organisation
- An undergraduate degree in any subject is desirable
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Induction training and ongoing training programme is provided
- Access to external training is also available
- Travel and lunch expenses paid
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!