Details of the Organisation:
Beaconsfield High School is a selective grammar school for girls located in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. The school has 1100 students aged between 11 and 18 who live in South Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
Location: Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 1RR
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers will work as part of the Beaconsfield High School Languages Team to plan and deliver French or Spanish conversation classes to KS4 and 5students.
- Deliver French or Spanish conversation classes to KS4 (Y9-10) and/or KS5 (Y11-13) students.
- To develop a good understanding of the foreign language KS4 and 5 syllabi and exam requirements
- To liaise with other members of the department so as to ensure that the conversation classes are integrated with the other teaching and learning activities
- To maintain accurate records of student attendance and to inform the Head of Department of any student non-attendance
- To understand and enforce school policy with regard to behaviour management and safeguarding
Hours required: work hours are flexible, but volunteers will be expected to be available for a minimum of one 2 hour session per week for a full academic year.
- A-level Spanish or French at a minimum Grade B level
- Studying for undergraduate level or above foreign language degree or teaching qualification, ideally with a language specialisation
- Strong Spanish or French conversational ability
- A willingness to learn about the assessment of students speaking ability
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- A sense of humour and good sense of well-being
- High expectations of self and other
- A flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Full safeguarding training will be compulsory
DBS check required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Safeguarding training provided
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!