Details of the Charity:
Hillingdon Carers is an independent charity that delivers a wide range of local support services to meet the needs of unpaid carers in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Our services included:
- Information, advice and support for carers of all ages
- Health and Wellbeing Services for adult carers
- Young Carers Services
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Main purpose is to provide information and advice to adult carers and their families by telephone, e-mail or in person at our Hillingdon Carers office in Uxbridge.
Outline of activities:
- Meet carers in person or by telephone
- To present and discuss information with the client in an accessible form, enabling them to identify a suitable solution
- Inform carers about services that may be available to them and how to access them and, where appropriate, refer people to other agencies and sources of help
- To maintain statistical and client records using manual and electronic systems
- Liaise closely with the I&A Advisors seeking advice, guidance and support where required
- To support I&A Advisors with care work i.e. form filling and giving advice
- Participate in support meetings and training sessions as and when
- Develop a working knowledge of Hillingdon Carers and its’ services and the information and office systems supporting the service
- Carry out tasks according to Hillingdon Carers policies and standards in particular on confidentiality, equal opportunities and health and safety
- Attend an Annual Review Meeting with your Manager
- Basic IT skills
- Excellent communication skills with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Team player, a flexible approach and have an interest and awareness of the needs of carers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Out of pocket expenses including travel
- References will be provided where needed after 6 months volunteering
- An induction will be provided along with training to enable you to carry out your role effectively in accordance with Hillingdon Carers policies and procedures.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards our Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!