Details of the Charity:
The Museum of Architecture (MoA) is a charity that creates pop-up exhibitions and programming to help the public better engage with architecture and supports architects to be more entrepreneurial. MoA provides opportunities for architects to engage with other industries and communities to be better informed about the places and people for which they are designing.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Following the success of last years’ event, MoA are launching Gingerbread City 2017. Exhibiting Gingerbread creation from leading London architects, we are looking for museum ambassadors and workshop leaders to help the everyday running of the exhibition and the education workshop that will run twice daily.
Ambassadors will be tasked with:
- Meeting and greeting the public and architects
- Guiding visitors through and explaining concepts behind the exhibition
- Taking donations
- Ensuring the safety of the gingerbread houses on display
- 10am – 2pm
- 2pm – 6pm
Workshop Leaders will:
- Run family and school Gingerbread House workshops.
- Need to be available for specific training and sign up to a minimum of 5 workshop shifts across the period.
Workshop Leader shifts:
- 9am – 7pm (1h lunch) OR
- 9am – 2pm
- 1pm – 7pm
- An ability to interact with the public confidently or a desire to develop these skills
- An interest in architecture, art or exhibition management, with opportunities to learn about all the above
- A desire to develop teaching and workshop leading skills, to work with children and families and an interest in museum education
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free admission to MoA events, private events and networking opportunities
- Training provided for Workshop Leaders
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!