Details of the Charity:
12th Northolt Scout Group are UK’s biggest mixed youth organisation. We offer 6-25 year olds fun and challenging activities, unique experiences, everyday adventure and the chance to help others. Scouts helps children and young adults reach their full potential, get jobs, save lives and even change the world.
As a scout you can learn survival skills, first aid, computer programming, or even how to fly a plane – there is something for every young person. As a volunteer, our award-winning training for volunteers means that adults get as much from Scouts as young people.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Would you like the chance to canoe, climb and make bird boxes while improving your CV? As a Sectional Assistant for 12th Northolt Cub Scout Group, you will do all this and more, using your current skills and learning new ones.
We need a British Language Signer to:
- support our young people and make sure they get the most out of their weekly Cub meetings
- help deliver a safe and exciting programme for young people
- help young people achieve badges and awards
- BSL Signing does not need to be qualified but needs to be fairly confident
- Empathy with young people
- Sense of humour
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Free leadership training
- Support along the way
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!