Details of the Charity:
Future Frontiers are an education charity who is working towards a day where every child is inspired to fulfil their potential in school. Children in disadvantaged backgrounds face lots of barriers that stop them from achieving their potential in school. From never having met someone who has been to university, to not believing that their education is important – these children are less likely to be driven to achieve success in school. And we don’t think that is fair.
The Future Frontiers career coaching programme matches young people from disadvantage backgrounds with inspiring graduates and professionals who coach them to achieve success in their education, and their lives.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Become a career coach. Trained to deliver our award-winning programme in weekly coaching sessions, you’ll guide your pupils to research, explore and discover a career that inspires them.
You will get to:
- Develop and demonstrate key skills highly valued by employers
- Build your experience of working with young people one on one
- Make a life changing difference to your pupils
- Access a network of inspirational people and opportunities
- Training and weekly support to develop you as a coach and leader
- Motivated to tackle educational inequality
- Empathetic towards young people and the challenges they face
- Good communicator, able to share information clearly
- Able to build positive and effective working relationships with pupils
- Proactive, able to solve any problems that arise
- Organised and committed to deliver a high-quality experience for your pupils
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Free training
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!