Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity, set up in 1986, to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Youth Bonds Project is a referral project for children and young people aged 8-12 from Hanworth, Bedfont and Feltham. It supports young people at school, at home, and in the community.
- Planning and arranging weekly coffee mornings
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all who attend
- Serving drinks and snacks for parents
- Offer a safe space where parents can come and meet other parents, get information and informal support
- Feedback to the Project Manager
- Complete any relevant paperwork
- We would like a female for this role
- Friendly who have an interest in helping parents
- Someone who can commit to a minimum of 6 months
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Induction training
- Support and advice provided by the Project Manager as needed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!