Details of the Charity:
WORLDwrite is a UK based education charity. Their key project is a Citizen TV station known as WORLDbytes, which produces hard-hitting and challenging political videos on newsworthy, global, domestic and historical issues.
Dedicated to advancing new knowledge, skills and ideas – the charity promotes excellence in citizen reporting, and provides free film training to young volunteers to make all its programmes and documentaries possible.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
WORLDbytes need volunteers interested in becoming citizen TV makers. An interest in politics, history, news and debates will be helpful, as WORLDbytes support Open Borders, unfettered economic growth and development, civil liberties (particularly free speech and religious tolerance), global equality, and are opposed to all forms of intervention.
The opportunities for volunteers to expand their knowledge and experience are extensive, with tasks involving:
- Developing ideas for news programmes and reports
- Raising debate online
- Researching stories
- Pulling the subjects to interview
- Camera work
- Interviewing and uploading media to the web
- Digitally marketing and messaging programmes
- No previous practical skills required
- Keen interest in political and social issues is a must
- Agreeing with most of the charity’s founding principles and ethos is also highly advisable
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free film training
- Travel and food expenses paid for only regular volunteers
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!