Uxbridge Library is the main central Library for the London Borough of Hillingdon. The library provides an extensive range of books available for loan on a vast number of subjects, online resources accessible via the website, free Wi-Fi use, a large number of bookable computers, computer taster and practice sessions, a range of reading groups, creative writing groups, bear club for the under 5’s, and advice sessions and coffee mornings.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
“Digital Drop-in” sessions have been running at Uxbridge Library since 2014. This is a once a month, 2 hour, drop-in advice session, with residents booking a 15 minute slot with a volunteer.
- Advise/show people how to use devices such as laptops, tablets and digital cameras
- Help with any general queries related to reader’s equipment
- General IT skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to advise and show people how to use technology
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply now!