Details of the Charity:
Sudbury Neighbourhood Centre is a day centre for older adults that provide meaningful activities and socialisation for a diverse group of older adults from Brent and the surrounding areas.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Sudbury Neighbourhood Centre is looking for friendly, dedicated volunteers to help facilitate activities and day care at their busy day centre in North West London.
Four work areas open for volunteering:
- Day Care Volunteer
- Minibus Escort Volunteer
- Marketing/Social Media Volunteer
- Community Fundraising Volunteer
Day Care Volunteers would:
- Assist the care team in facilitating activities such as baking, gardening and singing
- Help to provide lunch and refreshments for clients
- Work for a minimum of 3 hours a week (half a day – centre opens 11AM-3.30PM)
- Good communication skills
DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Experience in the health and social care sector
- Opportunity to develop skills in occupational therapy or physiotherapy, social work or public health care
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!