Details of the Charity:
The Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) believe in a better life for blind children. No child in the UK should grow up to be poor or lonely just because they are blind. The RSBC are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil their potential.
The RSBC work with wonderful donors and volunteers to deliver the five things they believe will transform the life chances of every blind child in England and Wales:
- Helping parents first
- Bet in class, inclusive education
- Building friendships, independence and resilience
- Getting young people job ready
- Harnessing technology
By 2020, the RSBC want to have reached 11,000 children and young people – and with 178 years of experience and the support of donors, they know they will get there.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The RSBC are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers to help at their collection points:
Location: Canary Wharf Station
Date: Wednesday 23rd August 2017
Time: 8-10AM, 12-2PM or 4.30-6.30PM
Location: North Greenwich Station
Date: Wednesday 18th October 2017
Time: 4-6PM or 6-8PM
Location: Tottenham Court Road
Date: Tuesday 19th December 2017
Time: 8-10AM, 12-2PM or 5-7PM
- Receive all materials needed and receive a briefing before the collection.
- Help raise funds for RSBC and meet lots of great new people in the process.
- Let people know how their donations will make a difference.
- Happy talking to members of the public
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Improve your public speaking skills.
- Travel expenses reimbursed.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply Now! *please indicate which dates you would like to volunteer*