Orleans House Gallery is the Arts Service for Richmond Council. The Gallery and Art service contribute to the delivery of Excellence for Everyone, Richmond’s Cultural Partnership plan, helping to ensure that everyone in the borough can access their cultural entitlement – especially those who might experience barriers to accessing cultural opportunities.
Orleans House Gallery provide hands on art and heritage activities to children, schools, families and adults throughout West London, aiming to meet the needs of the community and develop learning through leisure and participation.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- setting up, preparing resources, tidying up, and supporting groups to complete arts and heritage based activities
- volunteers usually based on site at the gallery, but there are also opportunities to support outreach sessions occasionally
- confidence with working with children
- an interest in art
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- travel expenses covered up to £12 per day (must keep proof of travel)
- local training offers
- in-house training: safeguarding
- hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- all hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!