Details of the Charity:
Team Up are an educational charity with the aim of increasing social mobility in London. Team up train exceptional role models from universities and pair them with low-income children who are in need of an extra push to achieve their potential.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
As a participant on Team Up’s Leadership program, you will provide high-impact tuition to young people from low-income backgrounds and help tackle educational inequality in London.
As a Tutor you will:
- Tutor a group of three pupils who are currently underperforming
- Provide pupils with academic support, encouragement and inspiration to get them back on track
*Volunteering is available a short distance from campus at Abbotsfield School for Boys (UB10 0EX)*
- Enjoy working with children
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers.
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Full training
- Career-specific mentoring
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!