Details of the Organisation:
The Friends of Cedar House is situated within the tranquil village of Harefield. The Cedar House Care Home is a purpose built 42 bedded care home, offering Dementia and Specialist care. The Friends aim to improve the quality of life of the residents of the care home by working with staff, residents and relatives.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Based at the Cedar House Care Home, you will be:
- visiting residents with the trolley
- having a chat with the residents
- giving the residents an opportunity to purchase something from the trolley or have a small freebie
- willingness to learn
DBS check required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- travel expenses reimbursed
- Dementia training
- hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- all hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!