Details of the Charity:
Action Tutoring is an education charity, working in partnership with schools to support disadvantaged pupils to achieve through English and Maths tuition. We seek to partner with non-selective state schools with at least double the national average of pupils, who are eligible for Free School Meals – ensuring our tutoring is reaching the areas where it is needed the most.
Volunteering with us as a tutor is an easy and rewarding way to make a difference to the lives of young people living in your community.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- 1 hour a week for a term (8-10 weeks)
- tutoring 1-2 pupils in English or Maths in our partner schools
- working with primary and secondary school students
- fluent in English
- A or B at A Level (or equivalent) in the subject, or similar, wishing to tutor
- good communication skills
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- travel expenses (up to £5 a week)
- free training and specially designed workbooks
- hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- all hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!