Details of the Charity:
Christ Church Café is open on Tuesday and Thursdays with the aim of building a close community amongst those who use the church. These include community groups for the visually impaired, alcoholic anonymous, and carers group.
The café is ran by volunteers of whom are unable to work due to mental or physical challenges, but working in the café gives them self confidence, purpose and a set of skills.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- flexible volunteers who are available from a few hours to a whole day, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or both
- simple food preparation and making simple meals
- maintaining a clean kitchen
- taking customer orders and communicating with the customers
- good practical skills
- able to work under pressure
- comfortable working with people of mixed abilities
- good interpersonal skills
- aware of health and safety and safe food handling
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- free meals during the shift
- hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- all hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!