Details of the Organisation:
2nd Uxbridge (St Margarets) Scout Group is a thriving Group providing Scouting in North Uxbridge. It is one of the largest Groups in the county and meets at Gatting Way, off Park Road in Uxbridge.
We are open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-60! We have three sections: Beaver Scouts aged 6-8 years who meet on Thursday evenings, Club Scouts aged 8-10 years who meet on Tuesday evenings, and Scouts aged 10-14 years who meet on Friday evenings.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for an Assistant for each section, to train to become a qualified Assistant Section Leader. The opportunity involves:
- supporting the planning and delivery of the Balanced Programme, with the help of other Section Leaders and Assistant Section Leaders
- being responsible to the Group Scout Leader but supervised by the Section Leader and other Assistants
- meeting one evening a week for about 2 hours (depending on which section)
- attending occasional weekend activities, although not compulsory
- interest in working with children
- a liking for the outdoors
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- free training scheme
- free uniform when you become a full member
- hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- all hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply Now!