Details of the Charity:
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice provides practical and emotional support to children who are life-limited or life threatened, and their families, living in North London. We work within the boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking to develop a small team of Volunteer Photographers to attend various events, in order to provide us with images which can then be used to raise awareness of the work we do and the support we provide. The Volunteer Photographer will work in association with both our Fundraising Team and/or our Care Team, capturing images at a range of events from The Royal Parks Half Marathon, golf days, art exhibitions, and charity shop events to our Summer Ball, Winter Party and sibling groups. Photographs are also sent to families as a souvenir after an event.
If you are interested in developing your experience and skills and would like to see your work published in the press, on the internet, in Noah’s Ark promotional literature, and on social media, this might be the role for you.
The photographs will become part of our image library. Noah’s Ark will own the copyright of the photos.
To take photographs at various events as arranged with the Noah’s Ark. To edit the images as necessary and send the photographs back to Noah’s Ark.
Noah’s Ark take their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously and this role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Application. 2 references are also required.
Days and times will vary but once at an event your involvement should take no more than 4 hours.
A diary of events for the upcoming quarter will be sent to so that you can let us know your availability. However, occasionally unforeseen fundraising and PR opportunities arise at short notice. Wh
Noah’s Ark supports families living in the London boroughs of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden and Islington. Events will mostly take place at various locations within these 5 boroughs but occasionally may be held outside this area.ere these situations occur we will contact you direct by email/phone.
- Provide an up to date portfolio of work
- Own your own Digital SLR camera (Noah’s Ark will supply memory stick / SD cards)
- For Family Activities
- Be able to take good quality, high resolution photographs
- Be able to interact with a wide variety of people
- Have experience of photographing people / events
- Have experience of editing digital images
- Maintain sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Maintain a professional approach
- Have good communication skills and be sensitive to the situation and feelings of other people
- Abide by all Noah’s Ark confidentiality and data protection policies
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply now!