Details of the Charity:
Look Ahead is a leading provider of specialist care, support and housing services for individuals with a diverse range of needs. We support thousands of vulnerable people, helping them to make choices, achieve goals and take control of their lives. We work with many local authorities across London and the south east and our support covers the following range of needs:
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Young People and Care Leavers
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for two student volunteers to help us provide support to individuals with mental health needs at our Harrow Mental health service.
The successful individuals will act as personal assistants to a team of Support Workers as well as the Contract Manager and Team leader. They will have a number of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Collecting customer feedback
- Attend meetings with staff and taking minutes
- Supporting accommodation staff to conduct health and safety checks
- Publishing our local quarterly customer magazine
- Liaising with employment specialists to support vulnerable customers with job searches
They will also be involved in coordinating and facilitating a number of healthy living and in house activities for the customers we support including leisure activities, workshops on health promotion and cooking groups.
- Working towards a Psychology/ Social Work degree
- Have a good command of the English language and enjoy writing
- Social, flexible and creative
- Be willing to go the extra mile in helping to achieve good outcomes for the customers
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Training provided on working with vulnerable adults such as safeguarding, personal safety and lone working
- The successful candidates will be put forward for our paid personal support assistant roles where they will have the opportunities of working with vulnerable customers across our services
- Hours are flexible and can be tailored around your studies
Interested? Apply now!