Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity, set up in 1986, to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Social Value Research Volunteer will be responsible for supporting the staff team with designing and implementing a large-scale social value research project to measure the social, economic and environment outcomes of the charity’s work.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help to establish a SROI framework
- Help to calculate and assign values to social impacts
This is an ongoing six month project so we would like volunteers to commit for either three months of the first stage of the project, or six months for the entire project.
- An initial induction is given to all volunteers, followed by weekly supervision with a consultant
- Access to training courses provided by Hounslow CVS is also available
- Undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate level in Economics, Finance or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of Social Economics
- Knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Good IT skills
- Hounslow Action for Youth will repay the cost of travel to and from the centre for volunteering sessions
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply now!