Details of the Charity:
Ealing Mencap represents the interests of people with learning disabilities, and their carers, within the London Borough of Ealing.
We want to be one of the lead learning disability organisations in Ealing that campaigns for people’s rights, creates opportunities, showcases our customers’ talents and skills, breaks down barriers, overcomes isolation and changes lives.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
1:15pm -4pm every Monday (Leeland Road W13 9HH and Ealing Hospital League of Friends Café)
Volunteers will be supporting a trainee from Dare to Dream to volunteer at Ealing Hospital Café.
At the café you will be expected to remain with and engage in supporting/coaching when necessary while the trainee volunteers between 2pm-4pm. Trainees main tasks are: making hot drinks, selling pies and cakes, stocking shelves, keeping their area clean and stocked, speaking to the public, listening, making good eye contact and answering questions.
There may well be additional coaching support needed as the trainees are given new tasks. Breaking down the elements of the task and making sure that the trainee understands and can perform each one in order to then perform it independently (under supervision).
- Positive, motivated personality
- Must be able to stand in one place for 1 hour sessions
- Some coaching experience/skills
- Previous experience working in a café
- Previous experience working with people with learning disabilities
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
- Hours worked will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply now!