Details of the Charity:
Brunel University London and organizing partners including Barracuda; Heathrow; Hillingdon Chamber of Commerce; Intu; Kingston Smith; London Borough of Hillingdon; Nexen; One Care IT; PwC; Ruislip Manor Chamber of Commerce; SEGRO; Uxbridge College; Ward Williams have joined forces for the third annual Hillingdon Business Expo.
On Thursday 1st June 2017, over 100 exhibitors will be complemented by more than 1500 visitors from local and regional companies and members of the public on the Brunel University London campus in Kingston Lane, Uxbridge.
Starting with a Business Breakfast, the day will pack in presentations and advice sessions, free BBQ and paella networking lunch, exciting prize draws, a complimentary evening networking reception, and over 100 exhibitors showcasing the best of Hillingdon business and providing visitors with a host of ideas, advice and contacts.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We require event stewards to assist with the set up and management of the Expo, on Thursday 1st June. Volunteers will gain excellent experience of events management, business to business engagement, fantastic networking opportunities, as well as a free BBQ lunch.
Duties may include:
– Setting up exhibitor stands
– Crowd management
– Enabling networking between exhibitors
– Welcoming guests
– Time management of the Business Seminars
– Handing out goodie bags and visitor guides
Please state your availability for the below shifts:
7.30 – 13.00
12.00 – 18.00
- Time Management
- Event Management
- Communicational Skills
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Great Skills to include on your CV
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
- Free Lunch
Email: Thomas.Ryan@brunel.ac.uk to sign up