Green Gym Uxbridge is an opportunity for people to get involved in their local community, through a variety of outdoor activities including meadow sowing, insect and flora identification and carpentry.
It is not only the community and outdoor green spaces that benefit from Green Gym Uxbridge but yourself included, often with volunteers having improved physical and mental health and well-being.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Weekly sessions are held every Wednesday from 10.45am – 2pm at the Hillingdon Farm Pond next to Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Centre Complex UB8 1ES.
TCV provides gloves, tools and light refreshment for tea breaks during sessions. Please bring your own lunch.
Volunteers must wear sturdy boots and clothes need to be suitable for outdoor work and the day’s weather.
- Volunteers work at their own pace on a range of practical conservation tasks
- No experience or specific skills required to join!
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Great Skills to include on your CV
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!