Details of the Charity:
TCV Green Gym is a great way to keep active, meet people and spend time in a local park taking part in our practical activities. From sowing meadows to planting trees, we have practical conservation tasks running every week to improve your local green spaces. This is exercise to make a difference!
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Weekly sessions are held every Wednesday from 10.45 – 2pm at the Hillingdon Farm Pond next to Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Centre Complex UB8 1ES. TCV provide gloves, tools and light refreshment for tea breaks during sessions. Please bring your own lunch. Volunteers must wear sturdy boots and clothes need to be suitable for outdoor work and the day’s weather.
- Volunteers work at their own pace on a range of practical conservation tasks.
- No experience necessary to join
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Great Skills to include on your CV
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner