Details of the Organisation:
Citizens Advice provide free information and advice to individuals and campaign, with a focus on social justice, human rights and dignity.
The Last Rights project is a local initiative (pending funding approval) which will promote End-of-Life planning. This includes wills, funeral planning, Power of Attorney, organ and tissue donation and Advance Care Plans. The project will be delivered through local and social media and with groups and individuals, in collaboration with local health and social care.
We are looking for mature volunteers (in experience and attitude rather than years) who can contribute to the media activity and / or the group work & individual advice. A willingness to learn and train is essential, as are teamwork, communication skills and initiative.
Details of The Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers will be involved in media work and / or service delivery. The media work will involve promoting the project in a variety of local newsletters, websites and publications. The service to be delivered will be workshops or individual sessions, either one-off or in a structured sequence, to encourage and support people in making end-of-life plans.
Specialist training will be available in all the topics covered, as well as in ‘raising difficult issues’. There may be a chance to take a specialist ‘training for trainers’ course, leading to opportunities for paid sessional work.
Volunteers will also be involved in the planning and development of the project, and in on-going monitoring and evaluation.
We need volunteers who can commit to at least one day (or 2 half-days) a week for 6 months.
- Media volunteer skills
- Good standard of written English
- Understanding of social media
- Adviser volunteer skills:
- Willingness to train
- Excellent communication skills
- Non-directive interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with anxiety and distress calmly and supportively,
Please specify what volunteering opportunity you are applying for in your application!
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Full training provided
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply here: