Details of the Organisation:
The Metropolitan Police provides a police service for London. The Met’s vision is to make London the safest global city. Our objectives are to cut crime, cut costs, and continue to develop the culture of the organisation.
The Met Police Volunteers (MPV) programme gives members of the public the opportunity to support the MPS and be there for London. It increases contact between local communities and the police, and improves the service we give to the public.
Details of The Volunteering Opportunity:
As a volunteer you will lend your skills and free time to help make London safer.
You will volunteer in the borough you live, work or study in.
Neighbourhood Policing Team Support: 2.5 hours per week minimum.
- Listening and communication skills
- IT skills
- Caring, mature and supportive attitude
- Good written/spoken English
- Organisational skills
- Task Prioritising
- Good time-keeping
- Customer Service skills
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed to the volunteer and if you give more than four hours in on session we will reimburse up to £3 towards the cost of a meal
- Relevant training provided
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below
*This position will require you to fill out an additional form on the Metropolitan Police website: www.met.police.uk/careers/volunteering